Monday, December 31, 2007

By the Decade Reading Challenge 2007



Didn't finish this year. I am about halfway finished with "The Woman in White" by Wilkie collins and I am LOVING it! I got "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad on Book on CD for Christmas and I listened to it. It was not really my cup of tea, but I finished it. The only book that I didn't get to at all was "She" by H. Rider Haggard. Maybe I can read it next year.

Completed titles are in blue italics:

1860’s- “The Woman in White” Wilkie Collins--currently reading

1870’s- “Return of the Native” Thomas Hardy

1880’s- “She” by H. Rider Haggard

1890’s- “The Awakening” by Kate Chopin

1900’s- “Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad

1910’s- “O’Pioneers” by Willa Cather

1920’s- “The Beautiful and Damned” by F. Scott Fitzgerald

1930’s- “Grapes of Wrath” by James Steinbeck

1940’s- “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter” by Carson McCullers

1950’s- “Go Tell it on the Mountain” by James Baldwin

1960’s- “Slaughterhouse Five” by Kurt Vonnegut

1970’s- “The Hiding Place” by Corrie ten Boom

1980’s- “A Prayer for Owen Meany” by John Irving

1990’s- “The Shipping News” by E. Annie Proulx

2000’s- “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel

No comments: